- the personal data we collect
- how we use the data we collect
- who has access to the data collected
- the rights of users of the site
Personal data must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and transparently with regard to the data subject (lawfulness, fairness, transparency);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archival purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes shall not be considered, in accordance with Article 89(1), as incompatible with the original purposes (purpose limitation);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed (data minimisation);
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data which are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (accuracy);
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed: personal data may be kept for longer periods insofar as they are processed exclusively for archival purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1), provided that appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the Regulation to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject are implemented (limitation of storage);
- processed in such a way as to ensure appropriate security of personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, by means of appropriate technical or organisational measures (integrity and confidentiality).
Processing is lawful only if and insofar as at least one of the following conditions is met:
- the data subject has consented to the processing of his/her personal data for one or more specific purposes
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject; or
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data prevail, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Users agree that by using our site, they consent to:
- the collection, use and retention of the data listed in this policy.
Personal data we collect
Data collected automatically
When you visit or use our site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- links a user clicks on our site
- the content that the user views on our site
Data collected non-automatically
We may also collect your email address when you perform certain functions on our site.
This data may be collected through online account registration.
How do we use personal data?
Personal data collected on our site will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy or as indicated on the relevant pages of our site. We will not use your data beyond what we disclose.
Data collected automatically will be used for statistical purposes. And data collected when the user performs certain functions may be used for communication purposes.
Who do we share your data with?
We may disclose to any member of our organisation such user data as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this policy.
We may not share User Data with third parties.
We will not sell or share your data with third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- if required by law
- if it is required for any legal proceedings
- to prove or protect our legal rights
- to purchasers or potential purchasers of this company, in the event that we seek to sell the company.
- If you follow hyperlinks from our site to another site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
If you follow hyperlinks from our site to another site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How long do we store personal data?
We do not retain user data beyond what is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected.
How do we protect your personal data?
All data stored in our system is well secured and is only accessible to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements.
Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that our user data is secure and that users are protected, there is always a risk of harm. The internet as a whole can, at times, be insecure and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
The GDPR states that persons under the age of 15 are considered minors for the purposes of data collection. Minors must have the consent of a legal representative for their data to be collected, processed and used.
Your rights as a user
Under the GDPR, users have the following rights as data subjects:
- right of access
- right of rectification
- right to erasure
- right to restrict processing
- right to data portability
- right of objection
You can find more information on these rights in chapter 3 (art 12-23) of the GDPR.
How to amend, delete or challenge the data collected?
If you wish to have your information deleted or amended in any way, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Claire Lheureux, via email address email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by the website. Its purpose is to collect data about the user’s browsing habits.
We use the following types of cookies on our site:
We use them to remember any selections you make on our site so that they are saved for future visits.
This allows us to improve the design and functionality of our site by collecting data that you access and click on while using our site.
You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is sent. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your web browser, but this may diminish the quality of your user experience.